Drinking Water Treatment Operator Class 2
6/7/2022 - 6/10/2022
CE POINTS: 12 (Water)
COURSE DURATION: 24 Hours
SUMMARY: This course covers all ABC Needs-to-Know topics for not only GA Class 2 operator, but also GA Class 1. This provides half of the required advanced training hours for the GA Class 2 Drinking Water Operator exam & pairs with its counterpart Drinking Water Laboratory Analyst. The student will receive a copy of the latest WSO AWWA/ABC Water Treatment Grade 3 & 4 manual. Upon completion, the student will have an understanding of plant treatment troubleshooting, management & system optimization.
- Preliminary Treatment Chemicals & Water Shed management
- Water supply management to mitigate/reduce DBP production and TOC reduction.
- Advanced T&O control
- Jar Testing for dosage of Coagulate
- Filter Optimization including green sand, ion exchange, membranes & PAC/GAC
- Disinfection including UV & Ozone
- Asset management including Pump & Motor troubleshooting
- Water Plant Safety/Security
- Advanced operator math.
For more information on this course, please contact Chad@theh2otower.org
2500 Clean Water Court
Buford, GA 30519 United States
Directions to The Water Tower
Google maps is currently the most accurate GPS app that recognizes our location.
From I-85: Take exit 118 towards Gravel Springs Road/GA-324W. Take FA-324 W/Gravel Springs Road and turn right onto GA-20 W/Buford Dr. Turn left on to Plunketts Road and continue until you reach the four way stop at the intersection of Plunketts, Woodward Mill, and Clean Water Court. Drive straight to arrive at The Water Tower.
From I-985: Take exit 4 to GA-20 toward Buford. Turn left onto GA-20 E. Turn right onto Plunketts Road. At the four way stop at the intersection of Plunketts, Woodward Mill, and Clean Water Court, drive straight to arrive at The Water Tower.