Backflow Prevention Assembly Repair and Maintenance Training and Certification
11/2/2023 - 11/3/2023
This two-day advanced course is for individuals currently holding Backflow Assembly Tester certification. Time is spent both in the classroom and the working lab. This advanced course provides the experienced tester with hands-on experience in the repair and maintenance of large diameter backflow preventers from various manufacturers. Instructors discuss advanced testing, trouble-shooting and safety procedures. It is strongly recommended that you wait to attend this course until you have held a tester certification for at least six months. This will give the tester time to gain field experience and be prepared for the advanced concepts in this course.
- You must hold a current TREEO Backflow Prevention Assembly Tester Certification to attend this class.
- Outside Tester certificates from other agencies are not accepted.
Upon successful completion of a written and hands-on exam the student will be certified in Backflow Repair. By the end of this course, participants should be able to perform the following:
- Analyze the cause for failure of six different reduced pressure principle backflow prevention assemblies
- Field test six different backflow prevention assemblies
- Disassemble six different backflow preventers using knowledge of proper procedures and special tools while following manufacturer’s instructions
- Demonstrate safety procedures while repairing a backflow prevention assembly
- Score a minimum of 70% correct answers on a written exam.
Please Note: You must be present for entire course to receive continuing education credit and a Certificate of Attendance.
Please Note: There is no expiration date for the Backflow Repair & Maintenance Certification. We recommend that you maintain a current status on your Backflow Tester Certification.
2500 Clean Water Court
Buford, GA 30519 United States